Making a Complaint

This page tells you what to do if you are unhappy about the care or conditions in Centenary House.

Should I Complain?

YES, if you are unhappy about any aspect of the care you are receiving, or what is happening to you or others in the home, you must tell someone about it.

Who Should I Complain To?

In the first instance, it is best to discuss the matter with staff in the home. Ask to see the Manager, or try to talk the problem over with another member of staff. Most problems can be sorted out this way; we want to know if you are unhappy with your care.

Another way would be to talk to someone from outside who visits the home. This might be a social worker, district nurse etc.

If you do not feel you can talk to anyone in the home, or you are not satisfied about the way it has been handled, then you should contact the CQC. Care Quality Commission

Who Are CQC?

Launched in 2009, CQC Care Quality Commission formerly CSCI continue in the same role as the single inspectorate for Social Care in England, combing the work formerly done by CSCI, the Social Services Inspectorate and the National Care Standards Commission.

How Can I Contact An Inspector?

On their visit to the Home, the Inspectors will wish to speak to as many residents as possible about the care they receive. These discussions can be held privately.

if you are unhappy about anything in the Home, this is a good opportunity to talk about it.

If you would like to contact an Inspector at other times please write or telephone to this address. You are able to use and have access to the phone in the Home at any time without having to give any detail of whop you wish to call.

Newcastle upon Tyne
03000 616161

All complaints are treated in the strictest confidence.